Thursday, January 27, 2011

Autobiography of John Boice [Boyce]

John Boice [Boyce]
Source:  Seventies Record, 2nd Quorum, Biographies, LDS Church Archives, Pg. 29. Grammar has been standardized.

John Boice [Boyce], the son of Margaret and Benjamin Boice, born 10 February 1810 [Alternate date in records: 20 Feb 1814], Fredrisburg, Upper Canada, was baptized in the Church [Jesus Christ] of Latter-day Saints, 1833, having been married two years to Jane, the daughter of Thomas and Martha Horne she became a member of the Church at the same time.  A miracle was wrought there, which I would like to mention concerning an aged lady, who had been troubled with the salt rheum[?] about twenty years, she standing by the water's edge.  Brother ... said to her, "If you will believe in the Lord Jesus and be baptized for the remission of your sins and have hands, then I will promise you you shall be healed."  She at once consented and was immediately healed.  This circumstance I witnessed.  I then came to Kirtland, was ordained a priest, remained there a while and then started for Far West.  But on meeting the Saints in Missouri, I returned with them and came to Quincy.  At the close of one year I lost my wife and one child, besides suffering with sickness myself.  I married again, Mary Ann, the daughter of James and Betsy Barizee. 
Mary Ann Barzee

Prophet Joseph Smith
Prophet of the Last Dispensation
and Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ
I have been personally acquainted with Joseph and Hyrum and many of the Twelve, and remain a firm believer of all these persons as far as I am acquainted.  Nauvoo, November 3, 1845.


John Boice [Boyce]

Mary Ann Barzee

Mary Ann Barzee and John Boice
Oxford Cemetery, Franklin, Idaho

No comments:

Post a Comment